2014 On Line Registration is Open for returning players only.
New players or those that have not particpated in the last 2 years must register at a walk up registration so that your Birth Certificate can be verified for age.
New rule changes from the NRFL:
1. Age is now based on September 1st of the current year.
2. Weight Maximums are now only for Ball Carriers and Skilled positions. Play ups for weight issues are still allowed but must be approved by the Field Director and NRFL.
The Rockford Rocket Football Program, RRF, is a community based program in Rockford, Michigan, whose mission is to provide a safe and fun environment for learning and playing youth football. The program is for kids aged 4-14, and participants do not have to be a Rockford resident to participate. RRF is a member of the Northern Rockeet Football League, NRFL and the 2009 Mothersell Award Winner. We offer 2 programs:
- Flag Football: This is a low key introduction to the game of football for kids aged 4 – 7 (as of September 1st of the current year). We divide the kids into 2 sub-groups so the kids will be playing with other kids that are roughly the same age. The two sub-groups are for kids aged 4 & 5 and another aged 6 & 7. There are just 4 games over a 5 week period. League size and participation is dependant on coaching participation. The Flag Program continues to grow at 10-20% each year. Coaching participation is becoming a major impact on maintaining the program and limiting sign ups. Click on the ‘’FLAG FOOTBALL FAQ’ tab for more information.
- Rocket Football: This is our tackle football program and kids aged 8 – 14 (as of September 1st of the current year) are eligible to play. Again, players are divided in separate sub-groups so each will be playing with others that are roughly the same age. The age groups are 8 & 9, 10 & 11, and 12 to 14. There are 7 games over a 7 week period. Click on the ‘ROCKET FOOTBALL FAQ’ tab for more information.
RRF is member of the NRFL. The NRFL is a non-profit organization established to promote the development and maintenance of a supervised, youth-based football program serving the many of the communities of Western/Mid Michigan.
Sign Up Dates
- June 5, 2014 6-8 PM North Rockford Middle School Computer Lab
- July 10, 2014 6-8 PM North Rockford Middle School Computer Lab
- July 31, 2014 6-8 PM North Rockford Middle School Computer Lab
All new players must present Birth Certificate for age verification.
KEY DATES FOR COACHES AND PARENTS
- MANDATORY Rockford Rocket Draft and Safety Training for ALL Coaches August 5, 2014 New Coaches 6:00 PM, Returning Coaches 7:00 PM. Locatoin Rockford Freshman Center Cafeteria
- Parent Meeting: Expectations, Program Details, Concussion Awareness August 7, 2014. RHS Auditorium
- 1st day of practice August 18, 2014
- 1st day of Contact Practice August 25, 2014
- 1st Game September 6, 2014
- Last Game October 18, 2014
- Coaches meeting MANDATORY FOR HEAD COACHES Rockford Freshman Center Cafeteria August 4, 2014 @ 7:00 PM
- 1st practice August 11, 2014
- 1st Game August 16, 2014
- Last Game on or before September 13, 2014